Most of you probably don't know this, but I'm a bit obsessed with the Duggar family. My obsession comes and goes in spurts. Right now I'm actively obsessed. So, after watching every episode of the last season on youtube and thoroughly exploring their updated website I have decided a few things:
1) I need to make my religion as prevalent in my life as it is in theirs. If I were to be convicted of Mormonism, I want to be put away for life with no chance of probation.
2) I want 19 children.....my mom said she wasn't going to move in to help me out though. Well, there goes that plan.
3) I still think it would be fun to have a ton of kids and in part I envy the Duggar family for their lifestyle.
4) I am intrigued with the idea of my girls only wearing dresses and skirts.
5) I want to live in a big house with my 19 kids, in the middle of the country and we must have a sledding hill right outside the front door.
6) Now to the point of this whole post......I have decided to try out two of the Duggars' systems. The first being chore juristictions the second being character qualities.
I want my kids to have a chore and learn to do that chore EXTREMELY well so we decided yesterday to have the kids choose chores and they will do those chores until April's General Conference. Then we will switch for another 6 months. That means, that day in and day out my kids will be responsible for the same chore for the next 6 months. We divided the chores into 3 zones in our home: upstairs, kitchen, and downstairs. The kids chose one area from each zone. Here's what they chose:
Audrey: Kids Bathroom, Clear and Wash Table, and TV side of the family room.
Marissa: Front room, Kitchen Floor, and Laundry/Storage room Floor.
Trent: His bedroom, Unloading dishwasher, and Laundry. (Trent gets help from Mom and Dad on all chores)
The other chores not chosen will be delegated as family chores or they are Mom/Dad chores.
Hopefully this works!!!
On to Character Qualities. I ran across a printable page on the Duggar website that has a HUGE list of Character Qualities that they instill in their children. The really nice thing is that each character quality lists the quality, it's opposite quality, and a scripture to back it up. I think I'm going to print it off and start adding charater training to our devotional and daily life.
So, there we go. There is my post about my deep dark secret!!!!!
10 months ago