Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Opinions wanted

Sooo....Ben and I have been contemplating puting all of the kids downstairs in the now family room.  All the kids would bunk downstairs with a curtain to separate the boy side from the girl side.  (Eventually we plan on making 2 permanent rooms down there and a bathroom)  Then all the family room stuff (couches, toys, TV, ect.) would be moved into the current master bedroom and become the family room.  Ben and I would move back into our old room (currently Trent's room) and the girls' current room would become a guest bedroom.  WHY you ask would we want to attempt this?  Mainly because with only bedrooms downstairs kids have no reason to BE downstairs unless it's bedtime.  It would put the family room up on the main level and make it easier for me to keep tabs on the kids when certain friends are over to play. 
So, what do you think?

3 comments:

The Crandall Clan said...

This is why I LOVE the lay out of our house. All bedrooms are upstairs. No need to be up their unless we are sleeping.

Anonymous said...

I have a completely different set-up at our house, so I can't tell you if that would work or not. I can hear everything in every room of our house -- whether I want to or not! :) I like the idea of having the family room and living room on the main level, though...Eventually that's what I'd like for our first home. I think it could work...The only problem I can see is if the kids won't go to bed because they are all together -- only separated by a curtain. When R, M, and L were all in one room it was a nightmare...I don't know. I can totally see where you're coming from, though. It would be much easier to keep tabs on the kids if they are upstairs where Mom is most of the time. :)

Anonymous said...

THis is not Alan. :) I forgot to sign him off and sign me in. It's Lynette. :) :)