So, I have been tagged by my friend Tracy and now apparently I'm supposed to post 7 things you probably don't know about me, then tag someone else who will most likely see my blog. Hmm.....well, here goes.
1. I am naturally an introvert. I know, I know you are all saying "what the heck?" but it's true. In high school I had hardly any friends until my senior year. It was during my senior year that I came to some enlightening conclusions in my life. First, was that if I didn't like myself how could I expect anyone else to like me. And second, if I wanted a social life with good friends then I had to start putting myself out there. It was really hard to do, but with the help of some of my best friends, Kate and Bonnie, I was able to mostly conquer my introvertedness. I still have things that I hate doing. I hate calling people on the phone. I don't like being the first to introduce myself, but I will force myself to do it. So, now I don't seem introverted, but I still have many of those tendencies.
2. I play the clarinet, but that was not my first choice of instrument. I wanted to play the flute, but my brother and sister claimed they would disown me if I did. My mom essentially said, "We have a clarinet. Play that." So, I played the clarinet, and not the flute. If I had to do it all over though I'd play the french horn.
3. I am a crossword puzzle book junkie. My current favorite puzzles are called Double Trouble. They are like crossword puzzles, except that every box can hold up to 3 letters of the answer and not just one. I love word puzzles and games. Ben won't play Boggle with me unless I handicap myself, and the only person who will play scrabble with me is my sister.
4. I am anal about my kids outfits. I HAVE to have the correct bottoms to the correct tops or it drives me crazy. That's why we only bought separates for Audrey, so that I wouldn't care what she put together. That's also why Ben rarely chooses the kids' clothes. I'm trying really hard to conquer this and just let it go. It's hard for me though.
5. I love amusement parks. I look forward to taking a trip to Lagoon every year. Last year I was really ticked off, because I was pregnant with Trent and couldn't ride any rides, let alone the new roller coaster that opened up. Needless to say, Ben was a real sport and didn't ride it without me. Thanks Ben!!!!
6. I hate cooking. I like to bake desserts, but I hate cooking dinner every night. Thus, I look forward to summer with enthusiasm because Ben will grill every night if I want him to!! I think what I hate most about cooking is all the dishes.......boy do I hate dishes.
7. I have asthma. I developed it while I was pregnant with Marissa. We don't know if it was caused by the pregnancy, something in our crappy apartment we lived in at the time, or if I would have gotten it anyway. We discovered my lovely condition on a trip to the ER because I couldn't breathe. Let me tell you, it SUCKS getting asthma as an adult. Suddenly, things that never bothered your breathing do, like exercising and allergies. Blah.
Well there you have it. 7 things you may not have known about me. How did I do? How many of those things did you know? I guess I'm supposed to tag someone else now so ummm..........
Tag you're it.......JENNY!!!!!!
1 year ago