Wednesday, October 10, 2012

A week off isn't all it's cracked up to be.....

The title says it all.  We are only 3 days into our weeklong fall break and I am ready for school to start back up!!! 
Don't get me wrong, we needed the break to avoid burnout.  It's just that our days seem so much LONGER, full of so much more TIME to fill!  There is more whining about boredom, and constant asking if friends are home from school yet.  The kids get into more trouble....like taking Trent's mattress off the bed, dragging it over by the bunk beds and jumping off the top bunk onto the mattress.......yeah. 
There have been some great things about this week though.
I appreciate how much faster our days go when we are schooling. 
I was able to learn about essential oils and get help with my asthma thanks to them. 
I was also able to do a playdate with one of my favorite friends, a fellow homeschool mom, that just had a baby. 

So....it hasn't been a BAD week, just a LONG one.  I will be very ready to start school back up on Monday.  I just need to survive the next 2 days!!!!

1 comment:

Lynette said...

Oh yes! We had issues at the get-go during our week off. :) It's hilarious -- when we have school, they don't want to do it (or grudgingly do it), but when we don't do school, they want something to do. I give up! haha :)

And if you're going to get into trouble, I say GO BIG! hahaha